Agios Charalampos is the largest church of Adamantas village.
The three-aisled basilica was built by Cretan refugees in 1870.
The church of Agios Charalampos took its name from the two churches, which were side by side in the old capital of the island, Zephyria. The wooden temple and the icons, including the silver-decorated icon of Panaghia Portiani were moved to this church from the two others.
Edited by: Yallou