The “Castellania”, one of the Knights’ most important buildings, is located in Hippokratous Square in Rhodes city. It was built in 1597 in the center of the medieval market, and served as the Knight’s criminal court. The building’s decoration is especially impressive. Today, the Historical and Folklore Archive of the Dodecanese as well as the island’s public library are housed in the premises.
Text K. Kostanti - E. Meramveliotaki
Source: Ministry of Culture and Tourism