The Olive and Oil Museum is a museum located in Elaiochori, a village located 25 km from Kavala in East Macedonia, Greece. The museum, which opened in 2008, is housed in the building of the village’s old olive mill, which, since it began operating in 1950, contributed significantly to the development of the community and the western region of Kavala. The mill was abandoned in 1970, but was recently rebuilt with funding from the Third Community Support Framework.
The purpose of the museum is to help preserve tools of traditional olive cultivation, processing and distribution of oil of traditional art, as practiced in the region. All equipment is original, repaired and can function normally. Among others there is the crusher, the press, and the container-separators of oil from water. In the utility room, the one that once used for administrative work, one an find tools for growing olives (secateurs, nets, etc.), their collection (panniers) and the extraction and storage of oil (millstones, ntamintzanes, etc.).
In the courtyard there is an exhibition of machinery for the classification of olives by size, and containers for the collection and storage of olive oil.