It’s located in Eleftherias square on the port’s western side in Mandraki. It used to be St. John’s Catholic church and today is an orthodox church dedicated to the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary. It is a copy of St. John’s the Baptist church in Collakio.It is a three-aisled gothic basilica with a wooden roof in which the byzantine and gothic elements blend in with the characteristics of a type often appearing in Syria (when Syria was under the Franks occupation). The temple remains immutable on the outside while the interior was adjusted to the needs of the Orthodox denomination in 1947. The frescos were made by the byzantine hagiographer Fotis Kontoglou and his two assistants Ioannis Terzis and Pantelis Odambasis (1951- 1961 A.D.).