In 1650 the Christians of Klimenti had built the first church of Agios Gheorghios. This first small church not only functioned as such but also served as a temporary school, as before 1800 only Trikala of Corinthia had a normal school. In early 20th century, the church of Agios Gheorghios was changed to its current form, that is to say, a metropolitan cathedral with an iconostasis of outstanding craftsmanship. The most important icons of the church belong to Fr Avramios and his students in Agio Oros (or the Autonomous Monastic State of the Holy Mountain). The wooden iconostasis was finished in 1924 by Ioannis Vassiliou from Ioannina.