On the northeastern side of Ziria, at an altitude of 1400 meters and about 2km above Upper Trikala, the Monastery of Agios Vlassios dominates the scene.
When the visitors enters the Monastery, on their left they see the newly built high alter for the pilgrims and the exhibition hall, which has lovely icons and books. Further on they will come across the small church of the Birth of the Virgin Mary.
To the east of the monastery there are orchards and northwest of it one comes across the monk cells.
The church of Agios Vlassios is located on the southern part. Right behind the church there is a large plane-tree, hundreds of years old, under which tables and chairs have been set up, in order to allow pilgrims to rest for a while and enjoy the peace and beauty of nature.
Right opposite the plane-tree and at a distance of 500 meters one comes across a huge rock where, according to tradition, a Christian found the icon of Agios Vlassios.
Based on the date of the icon of Agios Vlassios the church must have been built around 1300-1400AD.