Loggia has been built during the 16th century and was designed by the famous architect Michel Snamicheli.
Loggia was an eminent building of the city centre and has been a meeting point for the nobles to discuss political and economical issues.
The building is very well preserved; it is square and has arches on its three sides (besides its west side).
The consoles of its eaves are spectacular.
During the Turkish occupation the loggia became a mosque and a minaret was constructed, which was later demolished in 1930.
The past 40 decades the building of Loggia hosted the archeological museum of the city, which has now moved to a building next to Fortezza.
Today loggia hosts a market of archeological art copies.