During the Venetian times the Mosque "Neratzes" used to be a church named ‘Santa Maria'', dedicated to the Mary of Augustans.
The little chapel on its west side was dedicated to the body of Christ.
In 1657, the Turks turned the temple into a mosque named ‘Gazi Housein" or "Neratze", which also served as an Ottoman seminary.
In 1890, the mechanic G. Daskalakis added a large minaret with two stone-made balconies to the building.
Today the Mosque "Neratzes" is used as a conservatoire.