A path leads from the square of Marpissa to the monastery of Agios Antonios.
The monastery is situated on Kefalos Hill, where the view of the sea and the surrounding islands is among the most beautiful of Paros.
Kefalos is, in reality, an old extinct volcano.
This same hill was once the site of a Venetian castle built by Sommaripa, the overlord of Paros.
It was destroyed in an attack by the pirate Barbarossa after being seized in 1537.