Female monastery of Zoothochos Pigi (Life-giving Spring) or Chryssopigi was built in 1690 at the edge of the cliff.
Chryssopigi was the last resort for the inhabitants each time Sikinos was raided by the pirates: neither the heavy wooden gate nor the high walls, crypts, secret passages, battlements, ramparts, breakout exits toward the cliff averted raping, slaughtering, and annihilation of the defenseless peasants.
The first king of Greece, Otto, terminated its operation in 1834.
The monastery can be visited every afternoon & evening.
The old dining room of the Monastery is now used as an exhibition venue, hosting various exhibitions during the summer months.