Built around 1870–80 to the north side of the main settlement, the Stavrakas Mansion lies directly below the walls of Saint John’s Monastery, adjacent to its northern entrance.
In terms of architectural style it bears neoclassic adaptations to the otherwise traditional features of Patmian homes as well as some later additions.
Following the contour of the hill’s steep side, the edifice commands a total area of 400 m2 extended on three levels. There is a small garden at the side. Two large rooms, one on the 2nd and the other on the 3rd floor, are ideal for seminars and exhibitions.
An unobstructed view of the city and the Aegean is offered from windows and from the large terrace on the 3rd floor.