At the North side of the Port Square one can see a group of imposing buildings that attract attention and interest of anyone who sees it for the first time. It is the “Botsari Tower”.
The Tower was built in two phases, within the 15th and 16th century and was many times used as the residence of the local governors. Immediately after the liberation of Nafpaktos in 1829 the building came into the possession of the Soulioti general Notis Botsaris.
Today the tower belongs to the “Dimitrios and Egli Botsari Foundation” and hosts a year-round exhibition of replica paintings, maps and designs related to the Battle of Lepanto (1571 A.D.).