Areopoli (Greek: Αρεόπολη, before 1912 also: Τσίμοβα - Tsimova), known as "Χειμαύα" (from Greek "Χειμαδιών") in the regional Maniot tongue, is a town on the Mani Peninsula, Laconia, Greece. It was the seat of Oitylo municipality. Areopoli is situated near the west coast of the Mani Peninsula, 1.5 km from its port Limeni. It is 20 km southwest of Gytheio. There is a lively open-air market in the main square each Saturday, with a lot of local producers present.
The Greek War of Independence was started at Areopoli on March 17, 1821, by Petros Pierrakos, also known as Petros Mavromichalis, the last bey of Mani. Now Areopoli has grown into a flourishing town. Its tower houses, constructed with field stones, are distinct from the traditional blue and white buildings that characterize many Greek villages.