The village of Goura already existed before the Greek War of Independence. In fact, it appears to be founded around the second period of the establishment of the Turkish rule in the Peloponnese (1715-1821). Before the area was linked by road to Kiato, for a long time, Goura had been a commercial center for all of Mountainous Corinthia.
1780: Shepherds from Kapelli of the Ilia (Elis) region arrive at the location and settle around the spring, which, to this day, is named kapellianiki (of Kapelli). Families from Feneos and Tarsos are added to the population from Kapelli. Among them arrived the Nikolaos Economou family (Nikolaos Economou was a famous captain of the Greek War of Independence.
1890: The first school is founded in Goura. Today, the village has a kindergarten, an elementary school, a middle school and a high school.
Most houses in Goura are two-storied and they are built of stone and wood. Many of them also have a wooden, roofed veranda that is called hayati.