The small, mountainous islet of Alimia is located 4 nautical miles to the northwest of Halki and is currently uninhabited.
Alimia is the largest of a cluster of islets that are located in the surrounding marine area.
It has two natural harbours, Emborios and Agios Georgios.
On the latter of the two we find the only settlement of the island; this settlement was abandoned WWII.
There, visitors are able to admire whatever is left of the stone built houses, with the traditional cookers of the time and the farmhouses laid out in a honey-comb structure.
Near the settlement we find the remains of the Italian barracks which are dated from the period of the Italian occupation.
At Emborio harbour one can make-out graves from Roman times, naval bases of Hellenistic dockyards and foundations of an early-Christian basilica.
Today, on the highest part of Alimia, we find the ruins of the medieval castle that was built in 1475—in the place of an earlier Hellenistic fortress—by Ioannite Knights.
During the summer months, small caiques from Halki visit Alimia on a daily basis. Excursionists can wonder around this lovely little island for a few hours and enjoy swimming in its clean waters.
Alimia is included in the European network of protected areas NATURA 2000.