Pantokratoros monastery is
an Eastern Orthodox monastery at the monastic state of Mount Athos in Greece.
It stands on the
north-eastern side of the Athos peninsula, and dedicated to the Transfiguration
of Our Lord.
The monastery ranks seventh
in the hierarchy of the Athonite monasteries.
It was founded in 1363 by
the stratopedarches Alexios and the primikerios John.
The library housed c. 350
manuscripts, and 3,500 printed books.
The Monastery's documents
are written in Greek and Turkish.
Today the monastery has
about 28 monks.