and 1365, the Serbian nobleman Antonije Bagaš, together with Nikola Radonja,
bought and restored the ruined monastery, becoming its abbott. The restoration
of the monastery, supported by Radonja's brothers Vuk Branković and Grgur
Branković, marked the beginning of the Serbian period of its history.
14, 1410, Serbian Despot Đurađ Branković donated Kuzmin to the monastery, as it
was the wish of deceased Prince Lazar Hrebeljanović. Russian pilgrim Isaiah
confirms that by the end of the 15h century the monastery was Serb. Porphyrius
Uspensky took 12 leaves of the Radoslav Gospel during his visit in October
1845, which according to his opinion were the most valuable and gave them to
the Russian National Library in St. Petersburg. The rest of the leaves which
remained in the monastery were lost.The monastery ranks fourteenth in the
hierarchy of the Athonite monasteries. Its library contains 494 manuscripts,
and over 12,000 printed books.